Thursday, April 10, 2008

Our Big Plans


As some of you know Lyn and I have accepted a job at a KOA campground at Mt. Rushmore. We were going there on vacation with our trailer and noticed that they had a Workkamp program. We looked into it and discovered that Mt. Rushmore needed help. So we applied, they liked us and we accepted. We leave May 10th and return somewhere around September 15th. At first I did not want to go because I don't want to miss out on any fun with my grandchildren. (ok children too). Then I came up with the excuse that this would be my first summer to enjoy my house for the summer in 10 years because of my work. There were many other excuses but in the long run none of them were legitimate. So, off we go. We are both really looking forward to it but our trailer is only 22 feet long so we know we will get sick of each other quickly. But it is only for 4 months. We have been married for 40 years so I guess we can last 4 months. Should be lots of fun.

That is one of the reasons I got a blogspot. I thought we could post our plans and activities, pictures and stories here instead of send out to everyone, everywhere.

The best thing about it is that I am getting a new laptop. There simply is not room in the trailer for a desktop. So instead of buying a new trailer we bought a new laptop. It will have a webcam also so I will need to learn how to work that.

Yep, I am now a legal member of the 21st century. (We'll see how long that lasts)

2 comments:

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

that is awesome! i've only been to Mt. Rushmore once, but loved the Black Hills and all there is to do there! Can't wait to hear about your adventures. Are any of the kids taking a vacation there this summer??? They should! :)

Jennifer Navarro said...

I love the blog! I can't believe you are going to be gone for 4 months? What will Megan do? I'll try and keep her busy for you!:-) I've never been to Mt. Rushmore, but I bet it will be a great adventure. Post lots of pictures.