Friday, May 22, 2009

Days off



Today I dropped Lyn off at Sylvan Lake where he started at the trail head for Harney Peak. At the top of the peak he called me and told me all about his 360 degree view and that it was breathtaking. I wish I could do that hike, but, alas, it is too hard for my knees. He decided to come down the back side of the trail instead of the front side. He ended up just outside of the entrance to our campground. I met him there since the hike was longer than expected. On my way home from Sylvan Lake I took this video of the tunnel that you have to go through to get to the Lake. Hope you like it. This afternoon it rained and hailed and some thunder too. I loved it. After the storm we took off for Iron Mountain Road. Stunning. Saw buffalo, antelope, deer, wild turkey. Got a couple of pictures to share of them. We are really lucky to be able to stay in this beautiful part of the country. I only wish that all of you could see it too.

No comments: